Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12: Shower in the Drawing

Drew this crappy little number while experimenting with waterproof paper in the shower. Definitely more experimenting to come. But I found that it was like trying to draw drunk. I was relaxed, but it was hard to focus on what I was doing. And no matter what I did, it was going to turn out crappy whether I liked it or not.

The upside is that the limitation I found to the paper allows you to accidentally re-establish your reflected light and terminator shadow regions after you've already blacked it out. Because the paper can't handle a high saturation of the ballpoint pen ink I was using, so it would just start flaking off if you put too much on. But not so much that the whole thing would fall apart. So I actually have a little strip of white in there that looks perfectly intentional, but actually wasn't.

I'll find a place for this medium in my life. Shower thoughts will never again be forgot.



Got this pad at Home Depot, btw

No comments:

Post a Comment